Introduction to DKG v6 - start here
What's new in OriginTrail v6 and how can you get started?
The OriginTrail DKG v6 is the newest version of OriginTrail, which introduces various improvements to the existing OriginTrail DKG. Among others, it brings:
- DKG Asset graphs, identified by the Universal Asset Locators (UAL), akin to URLs in Web2
- improved discoverability, performance and semantic capabilities with the expanding support for semantic technologies such as RDF, OWL, SPARQL, Triple Pattern Fragments, SHACL and others
- numerous performance updates to the protocol & network implementation
You can contribute in several ways:
- by running OriginTrail v6 nodes in one of the networks. Running a v6 node on the testnet will also make you eligible for bounty rewards, while after mainnet launch your node will be earning TRAC rewards for the services provided to the network
The OriginTrail DKG v6 launch is performed in 3 stages:
- Stage 1 which introduces the new network and data layer. The goal of Stage1 is to verify smooth operation of the v6 network and data layer in a public network environment.
- Stage 2 which introduces the incentivisation layer (smart contracts and TRAC token). Stage 2 immediately kicks in once stage 1 KPIs are stable, which will introduce the incentivisation layer, implemented through smart contracts, opening the doors for token delegation, staking and improving several existing mechanisms
- Stage 3 will be focused on performing the migration from v5 to the v6 mainnet.
Throughout the stages the OriginTrail community is invited to participate in the Telemetry bounty program, by actively utilizing the v6 network. Each node in the network is capable of actively collecting granular network KPI and telemetry data and publishing it to the DKG itself, further utilized by the core developers to improve the DKG implementation and proceed through the launch stages. Check out more about the Telemetry bounty program here.